Friday 15 February 2008

Issue 1: So this is the start..

..I suppose I should briefly introduce myself.

My name is Jamie, I am 19 years old and I am studying Journalism at Sunderland University.

That should do for now. You don't need to know my shoe size, what my family upbringing was like or any of that malarkey.

This blog will concentrate on the trials and tribulations of being an exiled Burnley fan. Not sure what I did in a past life to deserve being a Claret but once you get a taste of Burnley FC, it is in your blood forever. You could say that the blood that runs through my veins is Claret, and you wouldn't be far wrong.

The blog name comes from a comment made by Burnley boss Owen Coyle after a blatant penalty was denied us by yet another incompetent referee. We tend to get rather a lot of them. Incompetent referees will probably be quite a fixture in this blog.

To finish off for now, congratulations to Andrew Cole on completely proving me wrong at QPR. I thought he was past it. I thought his legs had gone. I was wrong. Hopefully Cole can be the catalyst that gets us into the play-offs.

I'll sign off for now, we have a weekend off now so a friendly is lined up against Bohemians.

8 comments:

Charlie Whittaker said...

ahhh the life of an exiled Claret, Jambo. I empathize. I'm just more distant.
Charlie

Jamie said...

I'm a bit less exiled than you Charlie! Do you find you always find a Claret wherever you go? I do, it's one of those wonderful things about being a Burnley fan. I might do a list of them at some point.

Thanks for your comment - enjoy the blog!

MiniBear said...

Once a Claret - always a Claret. Although I am one by marriage, after 31 years it is ingrained!
Anji (Jeeveswife)

Laura's Blog said...

I think that this post is quite comical, relating to your introductio n.

I also think that you express your voice very well, outlining what you are going to be writing about without bogging it down with too many details.

:D
Laura

Anonymous said...

Good first post. I think it really expresses your passion for your team in a slightly sarcastic way - which is a good thing. You gave me an insight to what I can expect from your future posts.

I liked your intro about your shoe size etc - it really got to the point that this is not about you, it is about your passion, and you want others to be excited by it like you are. This worked for me, which was really good, especially because I'm not a very sporty person.

Anonymous said...

It Could be worse. As an exiled Red rapidly losing all interest in Liverpool as the seasons progress I have to stand there and nod like a simpleton as people tell me things about my team I don't even have a clue about, let alone an opinion!

Basically my side of those conversations goes along the lines of:

"Err, yeah. Stevie G...great...He went to my school."

pinder said...

Like how you introduced yourself and how you made it clear that things about you is not important here, its what your going to say that is important. And you moved on from this by using humour which is a good technique.

Your voice made the blog interesting even though Im not really good with understanding sports.


-Rupinder

Anonymous said...

It's a very sincere blog...like the way you cut the crap and get straight to the point. I think Burnley fans will definately keep visiting as they can trust your opinion.
Unfortunately, I'm a Geordie through the boyfriend so don't think my opinion would make much sense. I like to think I'm a knowledgable fan and at least know the offside rule...but hmmm I'm not quite sure.
Like the blog though!
Pearl
xx